About Me

My photo
I'm learning how to be unapologetically Steph. I'm a work in progress, but since God loves me,I'm learning to love me. Most blogs are long, I think in long forms, rather analytical. I love Jesus!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Turning Point

Originally posted January 28, 2008

This is a poem I wrote about being real, or for some of us like me, learning how to be real with not only other people but more importantly yourself for the first time. ~ Steph

I was walking through meadows
in colors of the rainbow
hiding the shades of gray
No problem was too big nor too small
Life was as though a straight line
never curving or waxing or waning
Until I was stopped in my tracks
Confronted with a choice in the road
To continue to the left was to resume
my normal way of life
To go to the right lead to a path of unknown
Colors of the rainbow weren't allowed to
hide the shades of gray
There were mountains and valleys
High times and low times
Truth vs untruth brought out into the Light clearing out all the darkness
Revealing the gray and the colors
To go down this path meant no more lies
Being honest and real with the heart
Walking through familiar places but with a different approach
Not knowing how to react Or where to go at times
Walking by faith and not by sight
It was a choice to go down this path
Neither straight nor broadat times not paved
creating my own tracks where others
weren't willing to goI will mosey down this path
though feeling alone at times
crawling through the grays skipping through the colors
keeping my senses on the
guiding One before me.

No comments: