About Me

My photo
I'm learning how to be unapologetically Steph. I'm a work in progress, but since God loves me,I'm learning to love me. Most blogs are long, I think in long forms, rather analytical. I love Jesus!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Kiss me! Or not?!?!

Originally posted February 29, 2008

While reading an article entitled Don't Kiss Me: In Defense of a Virginal Heart, I see how much I have really changed in the past few years. It's amazing what can happen to your heart and your view of things when God takes over your life and gives you a new one. If I would have read this article prior to September 2005, I would have thought, awww, that's sweet but it can't happen. Now, almost 3 years later, this is what I'm striving to. I think of how awesome it would be if I can save that first kiss since receiving Christ for my husband on our wedding day. This article encouraged me greatly and gave some good biblical advice when it comes to this issue. I love the quote, "Why preheat the oven if you can't cook the roast." When I first received Christ, I was invited to a wedding of a couple that I didn't really know and this was their story. They were friends for a long time and then had a 6 week courtship and were soon married. They shared their first kiss as their wedding kiss. I've definitely come a long way since the way I use to think. Praise God for that!!! ~Steph

No comments: