About Me

My photo
I'm learning how to be unapologetically Steph. I'm a work in progress, but since God loves me,I'm learning to love me. Most blogs are long, I think in long forms, rather analytical. I love Jesus!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Newly written song

Originally posted November 25, 2007

Proverbs 4:23 states: "Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life."Music is harmonies that connect humans. Writing for me is how my soul inhales and exhales. This song is an exhale and it's the first in a LONG time that I've written. If only I could compose the rest of it because all of that is in my head as well, unfortunately I only know how to ge the words out. So enjoy and comment if you like. ~Steph

"I'll be alright"

Chorus:So I'll be alright
I'm just not there yet
Give me some time
Allow my heart to heal
When you see me passing by
I might have some tears inside
I will be alright
But I'm just not there yet

V1:
Just the other night you told me
You only want to be my friend
By grace alone I sat there smiling
Agreeing with what you said

Chorus

V2:
My heart was open now it's closing
You said you could be making a big mistake
I believe all things will work out in the end
I'm giving control to the one who can heal my pain

Chorus

Bridge:
When I closed my eyes And laid my head down to sleep
My heart was breaking so slowly
I don't understand
How it got so deep
It's amazing how it all can creep up on you.

Chorus

No comments: