About Me

My photo
I'm learning how to be unapologetically Steph. I'm a work in progress, but since God loves me,I'm learning to love me. Most blogs are long, I think in long forms, rather analytical. I love Jesus!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Soundtrack of my life

Originally posted May 15, 2007

Ok, so here's the deal. I get the craziest kind of ideas or thoughts early in the morning when I first wake up or late at night moments before I'm out. So here's the latest idea that I'm going to run with. I really like this. Here's how it started. The thought: I love soundtracks in movies. They can really capture a moment. Hmmm.. I wonder what the soundtrack to my life would be. I'm also really good about quoting songs to people as a form of advice. Sometimes I can find the words to say and they just fit so well. So say I was to take something like 15 songs and put them on a CD and hand it off to someone and this CD would represent who I am, what I believe, and the way I feel. Just by listening to this CD they would get a good glimpse of what I'm like. Hmm... I thought. Good idear there. So that's what I'm doing. I'm combing through all the archives in my mind and creating new ones to find the 15 songs that represent my life and to really be able to say why they do. So far I've got a grand total of 1…14 more to go.

The first song is from Mute Math and it's called "OK". This song represents so much, because I'm definitely one of those kind of people that God has to reassure that it's ok, just calm yourself, it's ok. When I care about something a lot, I can get really strung out at times because I want it to be great or I want to try to keep it all together. Like sound. Even during practices I want it to be just glorious sounding for Him. I feel that sometimes in life you need someone to tell you that it's ok. I also love the beginning of the song. It makes me think of running and jumping off a cliff (i.e. leap of faith) and your just free falling and when the drum first hits and the music starts it's like when you realize that you've been in God's hand the whole time and He allows your to soar through the air to places you could have never imagined. So that's it so far. But when I start to pull the other 14 together, I'll post them up here with the explanations. This is something that needs careful consideration. Hmmm..until next time.

No comments: